Our voices for climate rights is an advocacy and awareness program on climate justice, human rights and the right of public participation in climate change decisions. People have a right to participate and this can lead to greater ambition and justice in climate action.
La Ruta del Clima is a Costa Rican non-governmental organization (NGO) that advocates for the right of civil society to participate in the climate governance process. We are one of the few organizations in Central America to have sent a delegation to the U.N. climate change conferences every year over the last eight years.
We raise awareness on key issues taking place inside and outside the negotiations through our advocacy actions and communications efforts. Our advocacy efforts focus on climate justice, loss and damage and the need for actions of climate empowerment in Latin America.
Our voices for climate rights create spaces of dialogue, training workshops on climate change and human rights, host discussions on environmental justice and democracy, and have a team of advocates participating in the climate change conferences.
At a local and regional level, we empower to the public to claim their spaces to participate. At an international level we advocate, report, provide input and observe the international climate negotiations.
At the Climate Change Conferences, we host side events, track the negotiations and keep in touch with Latin American delegations and, keep the issue of human rights and public participation present at the climate conference. In addition, we cover the event through video and audio interviews, articles and news articles, radio programs, daily monitoring through social networks to major events, infographics, presentations, we also maintain a YouTube channel with webinars, interviews, and others.
Climate Change Conference COP25 #Madrid
During the COP25 Climate Conferece our team was very active advocating for climate justice and taking our concerns on climate impacts to the main spaces of discussion. We hosted press conferences, participated in bilateral meetings, organized side event, provided live updates, recorded podcast and radio shows from inside the venue and many other actions. More info: https://larutadelclima.org/la-ruta-del-clima-en-la-cop25/
Listen to our special edition of La Ruta del Clima Radiolive from COP25 “Trasnochando desde la COP”: https://spoti.fi/3eNF4cH
- Participatory Dialogue with Civil Society: Participation and Climate Action. Place: Green Zone, Zone 1 meeting (Civil Society) Date: December 2 at 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Side Event: 100% renewable energy for all through a just transition in vulnerable countries. Co-organized with World Future Council. Place: COP25, Room 4. Date: Thursday, December 5 at 11: 30-13: 00 hours.
- Side Event: Public participation in climate decisions: climate action and the Escazú Agreement. Co-organized with CIEL. Place: COP25, European Union Pavilion, Room Brussels. Date: December 6 at 12: 30-14: 00 hours.
- March for the Climate. Date: December 6 at 6:00 p.m.
- Side Event: “Climate emergency. The role of youth in social and political advocacy ”. Accompanying Sustainability Sin
- Borders. Place: COP25, EuroClima Pavilion + Date: December 7 at 12.00 to 13.30.
- Participatory Dialogue: Is public participation a right in climate summits? Venue: COP25, IASS Co-Creative Reflection & Dialogue Space located in room 6, in front of the WWF Pavilion. Date: December 10 at 9.30-10.30.
- Booth The Climate Route. Located: COP25, Booth 29 Dates: December 11/12.
Climate Conference COP24 #Katowice
At the COP24 Climate Conference held in Katowice, we carried out several activities focusing on the importance of human rights and the participation of the public in climate action.
- Activities (Click)
- Notes and Articles
- Public Participation Side Event #COP24
- Participatory Forum at the Climate Hub
- Video Interviews
- Recording of a Radio Show
Climate Conference COP23 #Fiji
- UNFCCC Oficial Partners COP23.
- UNFCCC Observer Organization.
- Organized various Side events
- Radio Show and podcast
- Articles and Notes about COP23.
- Social Media
- Video Interviews
Climate Conference COP22 #Morocco
During the COP22 Climate Change Summit in Morocco, we conducted an information campaign for 2 weeks on the climate governance process.
In this opportunity, we made video interviews, written publications, infographics, photographic record, note, articles, radio interviews, presentations, and dissemination in social networks of the key aspects. In addition, we were in charge of conducting the video interviews at the Climate Change Studio of the Conference. For more information about the work we did last year, we invite you to read our COP22 blog.
- Climate Change Studio Partners
- Organized Side events
- Radio Show and podcast
- Articles and Notes about COP22.
- Social Media
Climate Conference COP21 #Paris
During the COP21 in Paris we followed the process of signing the new Paris Agreement on Climate Change, giving coverage by alternative means on the main events and discussion topics. Our team spent two weeks in this activity informing Latin America through video interviews, written publications, infographics, photographic record, notes, articles, radio interviews, presentations, and social media dissemination.
Climate Conference Bonn UNFCCC 2016
In 2016, we were present at the Climate Conference in Bonn, informing the Latin American region about the discussions prior to the COP22 Summit. Interviews were conducted for radio, photographic record, social media coverage and notes about the event.
Climate Conference COP20 #Perú
In 2014, we launched our first information campaign from Peru where we conducted an information campaign through social networks, accompanied by notes and a photographic record.