Public Participation in Climate Decisions: Climate Action and the Escazú Agreement
La Ruta del Clima and the Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL) co-organised an event at the COP25 Climate Change Conference on the connection between climate action and the Escazú Agreement.
- Analyze the recent events that have marked the political landscape of the region and determine how can this affect a human rights-based approach to climate action.
- Dialogue about the role that NGOs can have to further the ratification and implementation of the Escazú Agreement.
- Explore the implications to public participation and climate governance caused by the change of venue from Latin America to Europe.
Date and location:
- Friday of December 6th, 12:30 to 14:00 – European Union Pavillion, Room Brussels
- Sr. Joseluis Samaniego, Director de la División de Desarrollo Sostenible y Asentamientos Humanos de CEPAL
- Sr. Juan Pablo Orrego, Ecosistemas. (Chile)
- Sra. Gabriela Burdiles, FIMA (Chile).
- Sr. Adrián Martinez, La Ruta del Clima
- Sra. Mariana Porras, Coecoceiba (Costa Rica)
- Sr. Javier Davalos González, AIDA. , AIDA.